When you buy a home it is sensible to have an independent report on the condition of the property.
Ordering a Home Condition Survey from Best Value Surveys means that you will receive a report produced by a surveyor who is a member of the SAVA HCS Scheme. The surveyor provides an objective opinion about the condition of the property at the time of inspection.
The aim of the report is to tell you about any defects and to help you make an informed decision on whether to go ahead and buy the property. This report tells you:
- About the construction and condition of the home on the date it was inspected
- Whether more enquiries or investigations are needed before you buy the property
- The Reinstatement Cost for insurance purposes
SAVA exists to ensure a fair and professional service to the consumer. To be a member of SAVA and produce Home Condition Surveys, the surveyor has to:
- Pass an assessment of skills, in line with National Occupational Standards
- Hold the Diploma in Home Inspection or equivalent
- Have insurance that provides cover if found negligent
- Follow the inspection standards and code of conduct set by SAVA
- Lodge all reports with the central SAVA register for regular monitoring of competence
- Have a complaints procedure which includes an escalation route to SAVA
- Participate in a Criminal Records check
SAVA will revoke membership if a surveyor fails to maintain the expected professional or ethical standards.
We think the best way for you to learn more about us is for you to get in touch and give our services a try. Call us on 08000 387 007 if you want to discover more!